What We Believe
The Bible is the inspired Word of God, and we accept it as our infallible guide in matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine.
- There is one God, who is manifested in three persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived a sinless life and died on the cross as a sacrifice for the sins of all men. He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven and is presently seated at the right hand of the Father as our high priest and advocate.
- Man was created in the image of God, but fell into sin, which resulted in his spiritual death and separation from God. As a person makes the decision to believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and confesses with his mouth the lordship of Jesus in his life, a miracle of regeneration by the Holy Spirit takes place, referred to as being "born again" in the Word. A new Christian is born into the Kingdom of God. For him, old things are passed away and all things are new!
- Water baptism and communion are ordinances to be observed by the Church. They are not, however, to be confused with or regarded as a means of salvation. The shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only grounds for justification and salvation.
- Baptism in the Holy Ghost is a gift from God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to all believers and is received subsequent to the New Birth. This experience is accompanied by the initial evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit gives utterance.
- Divine healing is provided for in the atonement of Christ, and is the privilege of every member of the Church today.
- The premillenial Second Coming of Jesus Christ is two-part in nature; He will come in the air to resurrect the righteous dead and catch away the living saints; He will then come to the earth to establish His physical Kingdom, and begin His thousand-year reign.
- There will be a bodily resurrection of the dead; the believer to everlasting joy with the Lord and the unbeliever to judgment and eternal punishment.